Church activities continue via Zoom, Facebook Live and In-Person
What is Church Different?
- Caring, welcoming community of people with open minds and open hearts.
- Worshiping God and exploring/expressing our faith with song and dance, visual arts and poetry, jazz and classical sacred music, meditative silence, and drama.
- Welcoming those who have more questions than answers about their faith.
- Justice-seeking, peace-making, mission-involved, and community-serving.
- Offering four very different styles of worship each week to meet differing needs and personal preferences.
- Welcoming people of all walks of life, various racial/ethnic identities, an LGBTQ-friendly church with a wide variety of opinions on Christian faith and issues of the day.
- Nurturing creativity and artistic expression.
- A soul-restoring wooded setting with nature trails, labyrinth walk, meditative memorial garden, astronomer-guided star gazing, fire pit, picnics on the grounds, and a new playground and Noah’s ark for children.
- Mid-day, mid-week programming offered to the larger community with art classes, Yoga, Tai Chi, bridge, spiritual life explorations, and much more.
- Being innovative, experimental, risk-taking.
- What we are not: stuffy, stodgy, staid, or boring.
Gayton Kirk is Church Different!